Monday, May 31, 2010

Challenge # 4


Another Summertime Peeker from http://www.bugaboostamps.com--and/ my favorite from the line!  This image is called watermelon, and it sure does remind me of summer.  I love fresh fruit, and Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer--and therefore wonderful fruit!  Watermelon was always my favorite.  An uncle has movies of me (as a 5-year old) eating watermelon with juice running down both arms!  As I said, I do love my fresh fruit!!!

For this card I used a sketch from Taylored Expressions, Papertrey cardstock and polka dot DP, additional DP from my stash, colored the image with copics, and added red bling.  I used a color scheme of red, black, white, and green--watermelon colors!

This card will be entered into challenges at:
1.  http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/.  The challenge was to use your favorite stamp/image.
2.  http://friendshavingfun.com/.  The challenge was to show what Memorial Day means to you--and I said for me, it is the beginning of fresh fruit.  YUMMY!

5 comments:

  1. This is just the sweetest image! I love the simplicity of the sketch! Great work! Thanks for playing along with FHF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun image...thanks for sharing your special memories too!! Love your paper and ribbon combined....thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful image and card!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sandye -- not only am I in love with that image, I love the patterns of the paper & ribbon. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The polka dot ribbon paired with the diagonal background designer paper looks so great together!!! The pearls are the perfect touch! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete