Friday, April 30, 2010

Freebie Friday!

Yes--Jodie has two freebie images for you at http://www.bugaboostamps.com/.  The first one is called Cowboy in Training, and it is so cute!  It is a young boy dressed like a cowboy, sitting on a log.  I, however, chose to use the other one called A Kid's View--Reading.  Liz has been tutoring a 3rd grader in reading for the past two years.  This volunteer work will end for her at the end of May, and this image was perfect for a card for her student.  I used Papertrey cardstock, DP from my stash, ribbon from Michaels, stick-on letters, and colored my image with copics.  For this young girl, I wanted a very simplistic card--and that is what I made.  The letters say "read a book"--perfect for this occasion, as Liz will be giving her student a book as a going away present.


Isn't this perfect?!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sandye what a fabulous card! Love how you added the big letters.Great layout and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandye this is brilliant,the letters are perfect for this card!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job Sandye :) Love the big letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I LOVE this Sandye!!! Hmmm, I would have never guessed that you would have picked the READING image, NOT!!! haha!! Once a school teacher, always a school teacher!! ADORABLE CARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful card. I love the dp that you used and using those letters is brilliant! ~chris

    ReplyDelete