Monday, February 15, 2010

Anything but a Card Day at Bugaboo

Yes, it is anything but a card day at http://www.bugaboostamps.com/, and do I have a project for you!  Right after Christmas, my friend Tammy picked up some reduced items for me that could be altered.  (This items were greatly reduced--after a holiday is a great time to look for bargains!)  This cute bottle was one of them.  It was filled with some type of drink mix--and I quickly got rid of that!  I removed all packaging from the outside, and started thinking what I could do with this.  I decided to make a container for coffee/cocoa mix, along with a recipe card for the coffee/cocoa mix.  The recipe is one from Martha's recipes, and it is great (especially for the weather we are having here.  It is snowing again with up to 9" expected!)  I used the image from Bugaboo called Christmas mice--cocoa on both the jar and the recipe card.  I colored both images to match, using copics.  The cups image at the bottom of the jar is from The Craft Lounge coffee set, and it is adhered to Papertrey DP. I punched out hearts to decorate, squeezed on some liquid applique for marshmallows, and used nestie ovals.  I am so pleased with the way this turned out.  This will make a great gift for someone!

This project will be entered in the challenge at:
The challenge (Makeup 4 the Weekend # 16) was to make a treat box or holder.

By the way, don't forget to enter our "Go for the Gold" Challenge at http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/
It runs through Feb. 20.
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sandye this soooo cute! I love Bugaboo's images - they are all so sweet with that cute little face. Awesome altered project - this is near and dear to my heart as I love 3D stuff! Wonderful job on the DT and the adorable blog you have here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and the Bugaboo stamp is so cute and I really like the way you put the "marshmello" on the two images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I will NEVER make this recipe. . .;) But I do love the glass bottle that you decorated . You did a fabulous job with the colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandye, this is such a cute gift! Love how you added the recipe card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest image!! Too cute!! Thank you so much for playing along in this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete